Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My First blogger blog eva!

I decided to start a blogger because people can view and post without being a member and people here in Canada probably won't look at my xanga. I'll try to update both (fat chance) but if I do one, I'll probably link the other to it. Eventually I'll probably stop using Marvel Monkey because the name marvelmonkey was invented in Jr. High and now I'm twenty and find MarvelMonkey slightly embarassing...

I got my name from a chorus ( SASB # 820) that says
"I believe we shall win,
If we fight in the strength of the King."
While I'm quoting songs, check out this old Army verse (SASB #800)
No, we never, never, never will give in,
No we won't! No we won't!
No we never, never, never will give in,
For we mean to have the victory for
ever.
With salvation for every nation,
To the ends of the earth we will go,
With a free and full salvation,
All the power of the cross we'll show.
(Here it comes!)
WE'LL TEAR HELL'S THRONE TO PIECES,
AND WIN THE WORLD FOR JESUS
We'll be conquerors forever,
For we never will give in.
How did you like that? "We'll tear Hell's throne to pieces and win the world for Jesus"! That's awesome! Let's live it out together! Come on, don't give up! Don't give in! And don't get distracted by the world and cares of this life! Those who keep their lives for themselves will lose them! That's not a Joel quote, that's Jesus. Lets tear the gates of Hell to the ground (Jesus said we could!) and save the suffering souls, every last one of them. I don't think there's enough urgency, even in my own heart! Don't we realize people are going to Hell? And it will be our responcibility. People are going to Hell and every Christian is responcible. I would even dare to say it's every Christian's fault for not giving every ounce of ourselves to Jesus, for not accpeting the plans and gifts He gives so freely to us. So press on! A true soldier lives for the fight, the thickest of the fight, even dies in it! (I admit, that's taken from Booth...) We MUST endevor with every breath to live with Christ, to abide in His presence, in His friendship. We must be passionate for holiness. We need to live the life He has commanded us to. "Go and sin no more" Jesus said it! He said a lot of other things too. Figure out just what it is Christ wants us (the Church) and you (you...) to do from the gospels and the rest of scripture, then do it. If you don't, who will? If the body of Christ won't, who will? If we can't even live the life, how do we expect the world to join us? If we don't experience Christ, what is Christianity? A bunch of do's and don'ts that make life boring. Maybe that's why so many people don't buy into this "Christian thing." We need to live the life. Christ wants to use us to take the world, but first He wants us to conquer ourselves- our flesh, the old man. How do we do that? Submit to Christ and stop sinning. He'll do the hard stuff, we just need to do our part, and sometimes I think we don't even let Him do His part, much less we do ours.
I suppose I ought to stop my rant. I have things that I need to do five (make that... 12?) minutes ago. But this is sooooooo important. Care about those people who are going to Hell. Jesus does. We all need to give more, care more, and give more of ourselves. If you don't agree, at least say "praise the Lord" with me. If we (Christians) can agree on that, we've got something to build on.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you in Seattle JOel!!!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hey Joel.

Welcome to blogger brother!

Here's another classic qoute from William Booth.

'Go for souls and go for the worst'!

Grace,
Andrew

9:11 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Nice to see you jumped on the bandwagon! And blogger is better!! lol. ;)
Keep up the fight, Joel!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Rebekah Dooley said...

i love that song. good fight song to stir up your spirit. keep fighting the good fight bro, you are doing great ad welcome to blogspot :)

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home